The cell was established on the directives of Honorable Minister Irrigation & Power Department Government of Sindh and supported by the Provincial Project Steering committee supported and world Bank mission in order for the development of GIS data warehouse and application for SIDA/IPD.
- Procurement of hardware, software & Satellite images for the GCS
- To Develop GIS for the Irrigation, Drainage & Flood Management infrastructure of Sindh province specifically and in general Pakistan
- Maintain and update GIS data set warehouse and share with local and international agencies
- Establish linkages of IPD/SIDA with other department on the development of GIS
- Provide Technical support/assistance to IPD/SIDA
- Monitoring and provide support to various activities of WSIP including development, social, research and capacity building
- Development of GIS applications to monitor the water quantum from Barrages to Canal, Regulation of Canals, River Course patterns, water theft control, water measurement and etc
- Work with the various consultants of WSIP including PIC in order to get maximum benefits of the project.
Read More: http://giswsip.org/default.aspx